Avocado is a very known plant. It grows as high as 15 meters in nature, but in cultivation it is kept under 10 meters. It is cultivated in tropical and subtropical countries. The fruit is larger and pear or oval shaped. It has thick skin which is purple or green in color.
- It promotes flow of urine
- It checks falling of hair and promotes growth of hair.
- It soothes headaches and pain of facial nerves and relieves toothaches.
- It promotes menstrual flow.
- Treatment of painful inflamed joints and rheumatism.
- It acts as an anti dandruff medicine.
- It works good in flatulence and gripping pains of the stomach and bowels.
- It also helps in internal swellings, bronchitis, diarrhea, kidney problems and Cough.
HOW TO USE
- An infusion of fresh leaves is used to promote the flow of urine, expel gases, check Flatulence and pain from stomach and bowels and strengthen the gums. In case of rheumatism and painful inflamed joints, the oil obtained from fruits is rubbed on the painful parts.
- The same oil is also used as an anti dandruff medicine, and in case of falling hair. Rub the scalp with oil to promote growth of hair.
- Hot compresses of decoction of the leaves soothes headaches and pain of facial nerves.
- The Flower of plant helps to promote menstrual flow when taken as a tea.
- The roasted and ground seeds are used in diarrhea and dysentery. The dose is two teaspoonful in a cup of lukewarm water.
- The same powder can also be helpful in dental caries to relieve pain. In decoction, It is also used in gargles foe toothache.